Thursday, October 07, 2010

Day 6: A photo of an animal you’d love to keep as a pet

Peeeeeeeets! I have always loved animals. I grew up with dogs, cats, a turtle, chicken, pigs, turkeys, ducks and guinea pigs around the house. I've had my share of dog bites and cat scratches all over my body. And although I was allergic to their fur, I still got to sleep with them sometimes.

My mother once explained to me that pets can help me become responsible. It's like having to feed, bathe and clean their cages every time. It's like learning how to be accountable with another precious life.
With my current lifestyle, I couldn't really afford, not just financially, to keep a pet. Just last Sunda
y, the boyfriend surprised me with a red angel fish he bought from the weekend market. I'm keeping it in a really small, maybe 5-inch diameter, tank. And every morning, I sprinkle a pinch of fish food. Here's Angie:

Her tank has bubbles in it. The boyfriend told me those might actually be eggs. Uhm, immaculate conception? Or maybe she'd been pregnant at the time she was sold.

One small fish is what I can only keep for now, but when time comes I can actually live another one in my own house, I would want this:

I actually have a name - Ichiro. He's a good Japanese player in the MLB from the Mariners team. (And yes, "iro" means dog in Bisaya :P ) That is why I always want to go to Tiendesita's because of the pet shops. One time I accidentally slammed my forehead on the glass window because I got amused with the really noisy and playful white chow chow inside one of the shops. They accept credit cards too, and with 0% interest. Hah!

No comments: