Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Breakfast

It's Valentine's day and I am alone. Well, Yoda's just at home waiting for me but the boyfriend is miles away in Cebu.

This morning, I woke up early, played with Yoda for a little while and prepared for work. I put on a little extra effort to blow dry my hair and put on some Mac Chili.

Yesterday afternoon, I gathered all my guts to ask someone out for breakfast. I figured the guy will be out on a date in the evening and lunch is too short to spend with. It was all courage for me to ask. Much to my disappointment I didn't get the response that I hoped for. He was all "Magprepare ka ng breakfast? Sige! Ayos yun!" out loud and it actually wasn't meant for everyone. I replied "I just asked you out. Hehehe. Wag na nga lang." To explain things, I asked him out for a Valentine breakfast date. The romantic type. Not the usual hanging out in breakfast.

Then the "Sadie Hawkins dance" thing hit me. The last episode of Glee I watched, I remembered Tina asked Blaine to go to the dance with her but he refused. It was the kind of rejection that you wanted to cry and lock yourself up. I felt the same way but didn't show it. I didn't want to make a big fuss about it (though while I'm writing this I seriously feel like crying).

Rejection. But the sweet banoffee pie and a hot cup of latte made me forget the feeling.

Still, a happy Valentine's day to everyone!

No comments: